The 2022 Winter Olympics kicked off on February 3, 2022; however, knowing how to watch the Beijing Winter Olympics can be a difficult task. View the Olympics Full Broadcast Schedule. We reviewed all the options and provide a concise set of options that can help you make the right choice and only pay for what you want.
- HD Antenna – watch all live broadcasts for FREE.
- HD Antenna with DVR – watch all live broadcasts when you want, on any TV you want without expensive cable/satellite subscription.
- YouTube TV – set your recordings once and view live, recorded, and rebroadcasts with an unlimited DVR.
- Peacock Premium – NBCUniversal has limited this choice to only Peacock Premium, but you can pay for the service month-to-month, a la carte.
Cut your cable bill in half and SAVE $1,500 per year
Watch 2022 Winter Olympics with an HD Antenna
Every live broadcast on NBC is available in the highest HD quality with a properly configured outdoor HD Antenna. Cable, satellite and live streaming services compress the video reducing the quality of the over-the-air signal. And indoor antennas, even with amplifiers, do not solve buffering and signal interference issues. Avoid media companies and advertisements telling you to buy an Amazon Best Seller HDTV Antenna for $30, like CBS does.
Only StreamWise Solutions ensures you get the best possible signal because every HD Antenna install with us is done with a high-performance signal meter. We test and ensure the best signal quality from the antenna all the way to the TV. And the best part… with an HD Antenna, you can watch 70+ local broadcast channels, free, forever.
2022 Winter Olympic live broadcasts recorded on your own DVR
You don’t need cable or satellite subscriptions to record on a DVR the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing. Nor do you need an elaborate media center configuration. Some streaming media players offer recording features, but have limited storage and still demand a strong Wi-Fi signal in order to watch the high-quality recordings.
Instead, StreamWise Solutions utilizes a powerful, compact and cost-effective device that allows the high-quality signal to be recorded and accessible on every TV in the house. With our Flexible Freedom whole-home solution, every recording is easy to access from any connected TV in your house. And we ensure optimal Wi-Fi coverage across the whole-home so that you avoid buffering, reload and bandwidth issues.
YouTube TV covers live and cable coverage of the 2022 Winter Olympics
Watching and recording Olympic coverage on NBC, CNBC and USA Network can be convenient using the YouTube TV app. One nice feature is that it is easy to set recordings once and have all channels record coverage. Switching from cable or satellite to YouTube TV (or other live + streaming service like Hulu +Live or Sling) can be challenging though. The channel coverage differs slightly, the grid guides are different, and getting used to navigation can be frustrating even knowing your cable bill was reduced by 20-30%.
If you’re ready to cut the cord and want to replace cable or satellite with streaming, consider all the factors – Wi-Fi coverage, internet speed and data caps, channel lineups and DVR functionality. YouTube TV offers an unlimited DVR which is why we often recommend YouTube TV. Before trying to save a little by doing it yourself, StreamWise Solutions ensures optimal whole-home TV and Wi-Fi performance with our Happy Streamer solution. In addition to expert installation services, we also ensure a smooth transition by providing in-home training.
Three cautions to consider before subscribing to Peacock Premium
Watching every event in the 2022 Winter Olympics is appealing, especially when NBCUniversal promotes Peacock Premium for just $4.99/ month. And, Comcast Xfinity has various offers available that give you “Peacock Premium” for free. But as with anything cable, satellite or streaming; we say buyer beware!
- Add Peacock Premium as an app on your smart TV. Most smart TVs do not have the proper hardware to run streaming apps at desired levels. And, the built-in TV app can bog down a Wi-Fi network and put Xfinity data caps (that could be avoided) at risk. Streaming Media Players (SMP) are optimal for streaming. But even with a SMP, changing inputs is just annoying.
- Peacock Premium without ads costs extra. There are three options for Peacock – a Free version, a $4.99 version, and a $9.99 version. Be sure to read the details before subscribing. And remember to reserve your month-to-month right to cancel at any time.
- More Xfinity bait & switch. Xfinity is offering Peacock Premium for free for customers depending on their subscription plan for internet and cable. Before you take the bait, educate yourself on the hidden fees – Broadcast TV, Regional Sports and equipment fees, before getting hooked.