Pause, suspend, or canceling a streaming service varies by provider. Some make it easier than others. We’ve provided some guidance below to help you when you need to pause, suspend or cancel a streaming service.
StreamWise Solutions is not a streaming service provider and does not have the ability to pause or cancel streaming services on your behalf. We provide expert TV concierge service, guiding you to the best streaming service that fits your TV priorities. And we setup and activate streaming service(s) during your initial install.
The tips below provide instructions and helpful links so that you can pause, cancel and reactivate a service for each provider. Skip to DirecTV Stream, Sling, YouTube TV. NOTE: these links and restrictions may change from time-to-time.
Sling – Pause or Cancel, Reactivate or Activate Subscription
Sling is similarly comparable to cable or satellite with multiple packages of local and cable channels. Uniquely, Sling offers unique non-local channel packages that compliment over-the-air (OTA) channels provided by antenna. This and Sling’s pricing are two of the main reasons we may recommend Sling as an optimal streaming service for customers. Sling makes it easy to pause, cancel and reactivate their streaming service.
- Pause Sling subscription. For no charge, Sling allows customers to pause services for up to 3 months. NOTE: after the 3-month period, services will automatically start billing again. Follow these instructions to pause Sling service.
- Cancel Sling subscription. Sling requests that cancellations be handled by chat or phone. But, Sling makes it easy to cancel service. Follow these instructions to cancel Sling service.
- Reactivate or activate Sling subscription. To reactivate Sling service, simply login and navigate to sling.com/my-account and click “Restart Now.” Follow these instructions to activate a Sling subscription.
YouTube TV – Pause or Cancel, Reactivate or Activate Subscription
YouTube TV might be the easiest streaming only solution for local and cable channels. It is certainly the most cost-effective and simplest to use. and we love the unlimited DVR and how easy it is to record. All YouTube TV membership actions are taken from your Google Account within YouTube TV.
- Pause YouTube TV subscription. For no charge, YouTube TV allows customers to pause services for up to 6 months. NOTE: after the pause period, services will automatically start billing again. Follow these instructions to pause YouTube TV service.
- Cancel YouTube TV subscription. YouTube TV equally makes cancelling your services easy. Pay attention to the terms like losing recordings after 21 days. Follow these instructions to cancel YouTube TV service.
- Reactivate or activate YouTube TV subscription. To restart YouTube TV service, visit YouTube TV and make sure you’re logged in with your Google account. If you’re reactivating, make sure it’s the same account used previously.
DirecTV Stream – Pause or Cancel, Reactivate or Activate Subscription
DirecTV Stream is a comprehensive streaming service of local and cable channels. Offering multiple channel packages of channels, they are closely comparable to cable or satellite TV services. Depending on your channel viewing needs, we may recommend DirecTV Stream as the optimal streaming service for you. DirecTV Stream offers two options to pause (aka “suspend”) or cancel their streaming service.
- Suspend DirecTV Stream subscription. DirecTV charges a fee of $7 per month to suspend (pause) service. Follow these instructions to suspend DirecTV Stream service.
- Cancel DirecTV Stream subscription. Depending on your subscription, DirecTV Stream may charge you an early termination fee for cancellation. Rules differ from their free trial, standard subscription, or two-year contract subscriptions. Refer to your billing statement or log into your account to determine your subscription level. Follow these instructions to cancel service.
- Reactivate or activate DirecTV Stream subscription. Good news, DirecTV Stream makes this easy. Follow these instructions to reactivate or to activate a DirecTV Stream subscription.