FilmRise Streaming Service – WYNTK
FilmRise is a streaming service provider originally founded in 2012 and collectively offers more than 40,000 licensed feature films, documentaries and television episodes across multiple genres. To save you time, we take a dive into what you need to know (WYNTK) about FilmRise below.
With FilmRise, all movies, documentaries and tv episodes are broadcast on an ad-supported streaming app platform. While their content crosses multiple genres – comedy, action, drama, horror, etc., they have a long list of very popular shows and movies, too long for us to give credit to all selections.
Some of their featured television episodes include:
- Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares.
- Carsey-Werner’s popular 3rd Rock from the Sun.
- Robert Stack-hosted Unsolved Mysteries.
- The Rifleman, featuring Chuck Connors as Lucas McCain.
- Highway to Heaven, featuring Michael Landon as Jonathan Smith.
- see all TV episodes
Some documentaries include:
- Rewind was a winner of the 2020 Tribeca Film Festival Best Documentary.
- Chicago: The Terry Kath Experience.
- Going Clear, an Emmy-winning documentary about the Church of Scientology.
- see all documentaries
Lots of feature films including:
- Driveways is a two-time 2020 Spirit-Award nominated drama.
- Transsiberian stars Woody Harrelson and Emily Mortimer.
- The 51st State stars Samuel L. Jackson.
- see all movies
How Much Does FilmRise Cost?
FREE. FilmRise may not one of the more well-know streaming services, but for the vast amount of content they offer for free it is worth considering. Amazon Fire TV viewers (either our Flexible Freedom or Happy Streamer customers) can download the app and enjoy an integrated experience. Movies, documentaries and tv episodes are indexed with built-in Alexa. Learn more about FilmRise on Amazon.com.
How to Watch
FilmRise is available on Vizio TVs; Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon FireTV Streaming Media Players as well as a couple other sources. For this blog, we focus on Amazon Fire TV. Install the FilmRise App within your Fire TV via Streaming Media Player or Amazon Fire enabled TV. All of the films and tv episodes are then available to you to watch. If you’re having trouble finding FilmRise, navigate to the AppStore and search for FilmRise.
- Option 1: Select the FilmRise App from the home Fire TV screen. On the home screen, it will either be listed in your apps at the top or within “Recently Used Apps.”
- Option 2: Search for a FilmRise film or tv series (ex. Heartland). Use Alexa Voice (ex. speak “Watch Heartland” into the Alexa Voice Remote) or search manually using the “Search” function under “Find” on the home screen.
- Option 3: Amazon Fire TV also presents watch options for movies and tv series that appear from multiple providers (ex. Heartland). When clicking “Watch Options,” content available from FilmRise will appear in the list of sources.