What is the best TV antenna? We get this question a lot. We have installed thousands of TV Antennas in our 10 years in business, because it is the best way to save the most money every month. Get 60+ channels for FREE, including all of your major local network channels in awesome HD!
StreamWise Solutions, formerly freeTVee, has hundreds of 5 star reviews, by installing TV antennas the right way, with guaranteed reception. The truth is there are lots of great outdoor TV antennas. However, there is no best or magical outdoor TV antenna that will work for everyone, since everyone’s wiring, home location, height, etc are all different.
There isn’t a best TV antenna, just a lot of bad TV antennas…
I know this isn’t the nice and easy answer that everyone wants to hear, but it is the truth. Yes it’s much easier to buy a $20 cheapo indoor TV antenna for every TV in your home. Please understand indoor antennas do not work. You will be missing channels and have your reception break up in the middle of your local news or favorite shows. This might be OK for a college student to deal with every day, but if you are planning to Cut The Cord from Cable and Satellite for good, it’s not worth the sacrifice.
The Antenna is the easy part, here’s what you need to get guaranteed reception
- A more powerful Outdoor Antenna whole home antenna, correct frequency splitter and properly grounded coax cable going to all the TVs in your home.
- High and outside-the higher you put an antenna (outside) the better, plus you avoid multi path which causes pixelation.
- Professional Signal Meter and mini TV to find the strongest mounting location & tune channels from the roof.
- Coax tester to make sure signal is strong, coax runs are live and that there is nothing in the line that will cause interference.
- A bigger ladder and all the right tools to run coax, terminate cables and properly ground your antenna.
- Safety (don’t fall of the roof) and experience for when you run into all those little unexpected things…
Save your time, money and sanity.